Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Review of the Caregiver's Notebook


A couple of months ago, I was given an opportunity to review a promotional copy of Jolene Philo's new book, The Caregiver's Notebook. I jumped at the chance to get my hands on this book. I found Jolene's previous books, Different Dream Parenting and Different Dream for My Child, when Matthew was still a little guy and we were first entering "Special Needs World." These books were a lifesaver to me in the dark lonely days at the beginning of our journey. I had no doubt this new book was going to be just as enlightening and useful to our family.




I was definitely not disappointed. This book is such a blessing and I wish I had this when Matthew was smaller and first having all of the tests. As a mother of a child with health issues and the daughter of disabled father, Jolene thought of EVERYTHING parents like us need to have in a caregiver notebook. 





I love the arrangement of this book, from suggestions how to use the book down to a Bible reading plan and prayer guides to help heal our spirits and battle our feelings of helplessness as caregivers who might not see results of all that we do for our loved one.

Cosmetically, The Caregiver's Notebook is beautifully produced in warm soothing colors, it is solidly designed and will fit into a purse or diaper bag with no problems. There are enough pages in the calendar section to last three years, so you won't have to re-copy information every year on a new calendar.

All in all, I cannot recommend The Caregiver's Notebook enough. It isn't only for parents of chronically ill children, it would be immensely beneficial to adults who are now caring for their aging parents and other relatives.

The Caregiver's Notebooks is available through 
       Amazon        Barnes & Noble        Christian Book Distributors

Jolene Philo is daughter of a disabled father, and she parented a child with special needs. She’s a former educator with 25 years of public school experience. Her books related to special needs include the Different Dream series and The Caregiver’s Notebook. Her blog,www.DifferentDream.com, offers practical resources and spiritual encouragement for caregivers. She also a guest blogger for Not Alone at www.specialneedsparenting.net and Friendship Circle of Michigan at www.friendshipcircle.org. Jolene speaks frequently at special needs and foster care conferences around the country and conducts special needs ministry training workshops for churches. She and and her husband Hiram live in Boone. They are parents of two married children and grandparents to one adorable toddler, with two more babies on the way. You can connect with Jolene on Facebook (@A Different Dream for My Child), (Twitter( @jolenephilo), 
Pinterest (JolenePhilo), LinkedIn ( Jolene Philo), and at her websites,www.DifferentDream.com and www.JolenePhilo.com.




Disclosure Notice: I received a promotional copy of The Caregiver's Notebook from the  publisher, all  thoughts and opinions are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! I'm so glad it's making life a little easier for your family.

    ReplyDelete